Get Rid of Bad Breath from Onions and/or Garlic
Posted: December 9, 2009
Sometimes brushing your teeth after eating onions or garlic won't stop you from having bad breath. Garlic can stay in your lungs for 1-2 days after you consume it! Therefore, making your breath fresh after eating onions and garlic is more complex than brushing your teeth and gargling. Here are some pointers:
- Try drinking some green or mint tea after consuming garlic/onions.
- Eat a lemon/drink lemonade.
- Chew on parsley, mint leaves, or other strong-tasting fresh herbs
- Try eating mixed veggies crushed into a mashed potato like mushrooms, carrots, and other types.
- Chew mint/spearmint flavored gum
- Drink a small amount of alcohol because it can kill the bacteria that feeds on leftover food in the oral cavity.
- Eat a hard cheese like cheddar or swiss (not American) to cover up the smell
- You can try to use a smaller amount of onion or garlic while cooking
- Use a spoon to clean off your tongue if you don't have access to a tongue scraper
- Don't forget to brush your teeth and rinse out your mouth, of course.