Redbook Anti- Bad Breath Tips
Posted: August 17, 2009
Redbook recently has compiled a list of bad breath remedies / treatments if you happen to have a problem with bad breath (halitosis). Here are ten bad breath remedies mentioned in Redbook:
- Brush and floss your teeth 2-3X daily.
- Use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue.
- Eat around 6 oz. of plain yogurt each day to reduce the foul odor causing bacteria (due to the active cultures/probiotics in yogurt)
- Eat 'detergent' vegetables - Textured foods like carrots and apples will help clean your tongue
- Stay hydrated, because bacteria thrive when you have dry mouth, which helps cause bad breath
- Drink tea (especially green tea). Tea contains polyphenols, which are compounds that inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause bad breath
- Eat parsley- Since parsley has chlorophyll, this can help halt your halitosis
- Use the correct mouthwash- Rinse at least 30 seconds each night (preferably using a mouthwash without alcohol)
- Chew sugarless gum- this increases the production of saliva, thus hydrating your mouth
- Avoid spicy and strong smelling foods that cause bad breath
Win $100 in Products! Enter Here