Five reasons to avoid having bad breath
|By Dr. Harold Katz - Bad Breath Expert|
SUMMARY: You know that other people's halitosis makes you wince or flinch away, so it is only natural that you expect others to do the same when you have oral odor. This is one reason why many people go for a specialty breath freshener whenever they suspect that their breath has become none too sweet.
Posted: August 9, 2011
You know that other people's halitosis makes you wince or flinch away, so it is only natural that you expect others to do the same when you have oral odor. This is one reason why many people go for a specialty breath freshener whenever they suspect that their breath has become none too sweet.
Of course, there are plenty of other motivations for using specialty products in the pursuit of better breath. Below is a list of five common reasons that people have for wanting to get rid of their halitosis.
1. It's irritating - Believe it or not, you can detect your own bad breath, though not as easily as others can. If you've ever woken up after a night spent sleeping with your mouth open, you may have noticed that you can smell your own exhalations. This is called morning breath, and it is one of the most pungent forms of halitosis. Similarly, bad breath from smoking or drinking alcohol can register in your own nose.
2. It's embarrassing for everyone - Have you ever tried to discreetly imply to someone that they have bad breath? It is extremely difficult, and such situations do not always end well. Don't put others in this situation! Use a tongue scraper to reduce your halitosis to the bare minimum, and an oral care probiotics kit to keep it that way.
3. It can be a sign of poor dental health - Having bad breath does not simply mean that you eat too much garlic or drink too much coffee. On the contrary, as you age, it is more likely that your halitosis is a sign of oral health conditions, including dental plaque, tooth decay, cold sores, gingivitis and periodontal disease.
4. It can ruin meals - People who love garlic, onions, savory meats, spicy foods, asparagus, milk or coffee often think twice about consuming these things. They shouldn't have to, though, which is why specialty breath fresheners often are specifically designed to neutralize food-based odors.
5. It's a turn-off - As you may well know, having halitosis isn't exactly the best way to land a first date, much less to earn a second one. If your bad breath is hindering your love life, try using an Aktiv K-12 Oral Probiotics Kit once a day to gradually replace smelly oral bacteria with less irritating varieties.