The Importance of Being Thorough in Your Oral Routine
When it comes time to clean up, which of these two options is most appropriate?
|Option #1:||Option #2:|
|Give your hands a quick rinse with water and a squirt of hand soap and be done with it...||— or —||Spend some time rinsing off all the loose dirt, work up a nice soapy lather, and scrub your hands and arms thoroughly under water to get off the accumulated dirt of the day.|
Let me ask you TWO MORE questions:
|Question #1: How many times does the average person brush their teeth per day?||The answer is 1.1 times/day. Nationwide, the average person brushes their teeth slightly over once per day. As shocking as that is, it's NOTHING compared to the answer to the next question...|
|Question #2: How long does the average person spend on oral care per day?||The average person in the US spends only 17 seconds each time they brush their teeth! Just 17 seconds! Whew...that's not long at all!|
If you spend 3 MINUTES BRUSHING YOUR TEETH (twice a day) and follow the thorough instructions of use (shown below) for 1 week, you will be absolutely amazed at how clean and fresh your mouth feels. And I guarantee your breath will be better, too.So, do it for 1 week and see how you feel, and from then on, try to be this thorough at least 2-3 times/week. Your mouth (and those around you) will thank you for it!
- Use TheraBreath Medicated Dental Floss and floss your teeth thoroughly so that the dental floss passes through all places where your teeth contacts your gums. Pay special attention to the teeth toward the rear of your mouth. You may need to use more than one piece of dental floss for entire mouth.
- After you are done flossing, gently scrape your tongue with the rounded edge of the Tongue Scraper 4-5 strokes, moving the tongue cleaner forward each time. This will help in removing the mucous layer which has been protecting the bacteria living on your tongue. (Do not scrape vigorously to the point of bleeding; just firm enough to remove the mucous layer.)
- Rinse off the Tongue Scraper, then apply a small amount of TheraBreath/ PerioTherapy/ TheraBreath PLUS Toothpaste to the rounded edge of the Tongue Scraper and gently scrape another 4-5 strokes. This step applies the powerful oxygenating toothgel to the newly exposed surface of your tongue, thus allowing the oxygenating action to begin. Reach as far back as possible without gagging. DO NOT RINSE. You can then wash off the tongue scraper after this step. Ideally, you want to allow the toothgel to stay on the surface of your tongue while you brush normally.
- Place a normal amount of TheraBreath Toothgel on a dry toothbrush and brush for 2-3 minutes, making sure to brush the inside and outside of the gumline. Besides your teeth, also make sure to include the roof of your mouth and the inside of your cheeks with this brushing. (The bacteria are extemely sticky and end up almost everywhere in your mouth.) Notice that I keep stressing the word gently - you do not have to brush hard, but make sure that you are thorough. When brushing your teeth, remember to angle the brush towards your gumline, feeling the bristles gently sliding under the gumline. Do not rinse with water after this step. You may, however, spit out any excess saliva and toothgel.
- In order to rinse out your mouth properly and in order to attack the bacteria, pour 2 capfuls of TheraBreath Oral Rinse into a clean glass. Rinse the toothgel from your mouth with this rinse. While doing so, "swish" the rinse all over your mouth for 60-90 seconds in order to cover all the oral surfaces with the concentrated oxygen. Although I don't recommend it - you can drink directly from the bottle, just try not to backwash into the bottle as this could contaminate the rinse.
- Take 2 additional fresh capfuls of the rinse, and gargle for 90 seconds, attempting to get the rinse as far back as possible, without gagging. After gargling, spit out the rinse. (Do not eat or drink anything for 20 minutes following this procedure). If some of the rinse is swallowed, do not be alarmed. It is completely safe if digested.
- (Optional for people with bad breath from the sinuses): Blow your nose to clear out any excess mucous from your nasal passages. Put 1-2 drops of the TheraBreath Nasal-Sinus Drops or 1-2 'spritzes' of TheraBreath Nasal-Sinus Spray in each nostril . Tilt your head back and allow the drops/spray to run through your sinus passages and down the back of your throat.
Win $100 in Products! Enter Here