TheraBreath Directions of Use
These instructions were developed over decades of bad breath treatment at the California Breath Clinics. This oral hygiene approach is very thorough and is designed to restore a healthy mouth environment when severe bad breath has become a problem. If you are new to using TheraBreath you should follow these instructions for the first two weeks of use. During this initial period the focus is on removing accumulation of volatile sulfur compounds in your oral cavity. After this period it is perfectly okay for most people to simply brush, floss, and rinse. Remember not to rinse with water while using TheraBreath products as they need to remain undiluted in your mouth. Also, keep the bottle of oral rinse and the toothpaste tube tightly closed and away from the sun when not in use. Never store the mouth rinse in a clear plastic bottle.
- Take a length of dental floss and wet the entire piece with TheraBreath Oral Rinse. Floss your teeth thoroughly so that the medicated rinse passes between all of your teeth.
- Gently brush your tongue with a tongue scraper or toothbrush. This will help remove the mucous layer protecting the bacteria on your tongue. Don't scrub. Be careful to avoid irritating your tongue's delicate surface.
- Rinse off the tongue scraper or toothbrush and apply a small amount of TheraBreath Toothpaste. Gently brush the toothpaste onto the newly exposed surface of your tongue, allowing the formula to reach the bacteria that live beneath the tongue's fibers. Brush the tongue as far back as possible without gagging. You may spit when done but do not rinse your mouth with water.
- Place TheraBreath Toothpaste on a dry toothbrush and brush for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to also brush the roof of your mouth and the inside of your cheeks. Bacteria are extremely sticky and end up almost everywhere in your mouth. You do not have to brush hard, but make sure that you are thorough. When brushing your teeth, remember to angle the brush towards your gums, feeling the bristles gently sliding under the gum line. You may spit when done but do not rinse your mouth with water.
- Measure one dosage cup of TheraBreath Oral Rinse. Vigorously swish the rinse all over the inside of your mouth for 90 seconds in order to cover all the oral surfaces. The residual TheraBreath Toothpaste will react with the oxygenating properties of TheraBreath Oral Rinse and effectively attack the source of bad breath odor. You may spit when done but do not rinse your mouth with water.
- Measure another dosage cup of TheraBreath Oral Rinse. Tilt your head back and gargle with the rinse for 90 seconds, attempting to get it as far back as possible in your throat without gagging. You may spit when done but do not rinse your mouth with water. This completes the cleaning procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 10 minutes following this procedure to allow the TheraBreath formula to completely work on the bacteria in your mouth. This should be sufficient to remove stubborn odors, unpleasant tastes and keep your breath fresh for hours.
FOR THOSE WITH POST-NASAL DRIP I recommend this additional step: Blow your nose to clear out any excess mucus from your nasal passages. Put one or two drops of TheraBreath PLUS Nasal-Sinus Drops in each nostril. Allow the drops to run through your sinus passages and down the back of your throat.